Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Dreamiest Hotel

With Caleb traveling a lot, and now my availability to come with him, we've stayed in our fair share of hotels. But the Ace Hotel takes the cake. When we were in New York, we took one night for ourselves and splurged to stay at the quintessential indie-hipster hotel.

Our stay started out right with a room upgrade! Each room is so different, but here's a glimpse anyways:





We enjoyed coffee at the Stumptown coffee shop attached to the hotel.

At night the lounge turns into a bar/hang out, with a photo booth, and apparently the occasional concert. We had a couple of drinks and went upstairs and ordered room service. We had a chicken sandwich with sage stuffing. I never want to eat another kind of sandwich again. The sandwich changed my life, and I'm not scared to admit it. If you can't pinch a penny to stay in the hotel, then I insist you at least eat at the Breslin.

Everything about it was absolutely dreamy- even the hotel soap and bath robes! My personal goal is to stay at least once in each Ace Hotel location. The fact that they're located in my own vacation destinations is just a bonus!

3 comments:

  1. Laura... your post makes me want to leave for NYC right now... so I can have the chicken salad sandwich and stay in the hotel tonight. I love wonderful hotel environments! I think you should come up with the recipe for the sandwich and share it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like your blog. Really.

    It makes me feel like I'm not so far away and that we could perhaps be crafting together this summer.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing such a nice information, The thing is that going perfectly here. That's truly good, keep up writing...You get more succeed.
    what is the best painini press to buy
    Best panini press with removable plates
    panini and grill maker
    Best panini machine
    Best panini press 2020

    ReplyDelete