Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Newest Hobby

I've been dying to try out Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts, that I mentioned long ago. And yesterday, I finally had my chance!

I have officially taken up origami. That's right. I have yet to make a bird, but started off with mini lanterns.

Lights 1

Lights 2

Lights 3

It should be a known fact that I adore string lights- or as I so lovingly call them- "twinkle lights." You know this if you've ever been to our apartment. The only room that we don't have twinkle lights in is the bathroom (because there is only one measly outlet). Anyway, our new set of twinkle lights are up. I painted the origami paper red and orange to give it a Chez LuLu cafe feel.

Lights final

I'm expecting a lot of good quality time with my Brother now that my sewing desk is beautifully framed with chinese lanterns!

2 comments:

  1. laura! why am i only now finding your blog? i've just added it to my rss.

    those paper lanterns look fantastic. what a great way to dress up twinkle lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura . I hope you read this . However, i found you blog is very interesting . I'm Iylia from Malaysia . I'm 20 and i'm into photography =D
    hope to friend with you Laura ! have a good day !
    Check my work - www.flickr.com/tnottmiab

    ReplyDelete