Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Granola

While my nephew, James, was here visiting, we did a lot of cooking to pass the time. I finally got the chance to try a granola recipe from a wonderful cookbook (thank you Lauren Brooks) Food for Thought. It was maybe some of the best granola I've had in a while! Our family loved it.



Granola

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup instant dry milk powder
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (we used 3/4 c.)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey (I only had a 1/8 cup so we put in an 1/8 cup maple syrup... a little bit more sugar, I'm sure, but really yummy)
1/2 cup raisins (I LOVE raisins so I put in a lot more, plus some dried cranberries... mmmmmm.)

Combine first 8 ingredients. Place in a large jellyroll pan, and bake at 300 for 40- 50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in fruit. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

So easy!

1 comment:

  1. I have to come visit soon and try some of these incredible dishes I keep seeing... and try on a circle scarf. I love and miss you!

    - Robby

    ReplyDelete